43102513fb652a9ed79424f83e409c0714ba16d4

just plain sara: Baby Phat Fall 2008

Monday, February 4, 2008

Baby Phat Fall 2008

Kimora and the rest of the Baby Phat team did what they do best. Put on a high profile, star studded runway show filled with clothes most of us will never see again. While I don’t knock her hustle, I increasingly find myself frustrated with the fact that none of these items will ever be mass produced. This is not Chanel or Alexander McQueen. Baby Phat should consider reaching a wider market by distributing some of these pieces. Some really cute outfits were on display. Ok, so let me get off my high horse and talk about the collection for a minute. Things didn’t really get interesting until look 34 – a gorgeous, flirty, purple dress that would flatter most figures. Baby Phat didn’t really seem to push a cohesive theme, there were just a few cute outfits scattered here and there. The mustard yellows and deep playful violets were a welcome reprise from the otherwise bland color palette. Though the clothes were definitely more wearable than seasons past, I wasn’t really inspired. I doubt Baby Phay really care to inspire, they’ll get the headlines regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment