Friday, October 31, 2008
I couldn't resist trying to submit a second costume for the Marvel contest even though I don't stand a chance of winning against Allen as a Super Skrull or Troy's Green Goblin. Nonetheless, I had decided to dress up as Black Cat for work today so I had Ron take a few seconds of video in our driveway. I have some dorky photos too of me working the new espresso machine.
Last night I had the pleasure of working at Teaberry's in Flemington for a very rare nighttime tea event celebrating Halloween. Though I ended my work evening exactly when I wanted around 11:30pm, I ended up an extra hour talking non-stop with owner Susan who is a fascinating woman to talk to.
Today, I'm thinking of dressing up for work at my regular job. The boss said she would be dressing up but I'd hate to get there and be the only one, then have to schelp cappuccinos dressed as Wonder Woman.
Even ESPN sportscasters, Mike & Mike are in the act of celebrating in costume:
Monday, October 27, 2008
I'm home recovering today after having the best superhero weekend! We raised over $4,000 in NJ for our local domestic violence shelter. Overall it was really incredible with only one moment of creepiness; a townie kept trying to get me in his apartment to pose next to his motorcycle engine (not even an actual bike just the engine). I don't mind requests for photos and I even obliged this man's brother by posing on his Harley but seriously, no means NO and I shouldn't have to say it a hundred times and call for backup.
My Harley Quinn suit suffered from a couple of seam separations but nothing major and they were on the back so it was easily overlooked. My new Wonder Woman suit held up rather well and I got the chance to work some fun photographers.
Honestly, I've been blogging my heart out all morning so you can read all about it on Comic Fusion's blogger.
Friday, October 24, 2008
There's cute. There's functional. There's creative. Then you mush them up together and you get Jenn Gee's coffee cup corsets on Etsy! Toss your dull zarf in the trash and dress up your travel cup in one of these.
A crafter since 1995, Jenn experimented with a more traditional coffee cup cover at first but was unsatisfied with the seam. So according to her Etsy profile, she decided to try laces and the rest is history.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I was surfing around and came across these dandies at Target's website:
* Jonathan Saunders red neoprene belt (there's also a bright blue one)
* Women's stilletto gangster shoes for only $30
* Mizrahi tailored jacket.
Red & Blue belts are staples for any superhero wardrobe. The stillettos and jacket might help out any of the femme fatales of the steampunk culture.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Check out Kim Porter and her cute daughters in the latest issue of Baby Couture. Diddy is also featured in the photo shoot. The couple (?) and their 22 month old twins showcase the latest trends in baby fashion - must be nice to have access to the world's greatest designers at your fingertips at such a young age!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Alas, fall is coming. I'm not sure I'm ready yet. Try brightening up the impending cooler days with a bold, colored coat/jacket. Rainbow inspired outerwear is so easy to find. Every online boutique and high street store are offering an array of show-stopping hues. Just be sure to pick the color that best matches your complexion - not everyone can get away with sunshine yellow.
I've had my mind set on a red coat ever since I saw my sister's red coat from Mango, UK last year. Other colors I'm drawn to are blue and fuschia. Don't overdo this look by adding other bright colors to the mix - let the coat speak for itself. Pair it with neutral colors like black, dark denim or even white.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
You'd have to have been living under some kinda two tonne rock not to of at least heard the track "Need U Bad" by new J Records artist Jazmine Sullivan. Her debut album "Fearless" reached number 6 on the billboard charts selling 65, 539 units in its first week.
"It’s been a long time since a debut artist has brought as much drama” cites USA Today’s 3-star review, while People’s 3.5-star Critic’s Choice review declares that FEARLESS is the "African-American answer to Amy Winehouse’s Back to Black.” Elle adds to the critical praise by stating the 21 year old Philly native “swings deep and wide like Sarah Vaughn, tears it up like Mary J., and emanates the lady-preacher seriousness of Lauryn Hill.”
Join the revolution and check out Jazmine when she hits a town near you. Visit her official site and MySpace page for more details.
1. October 8, 8pm @ Opera House - Boston, MA
2. October 9, 8pm @ Radio City Music Hall - New York, NY
3. October 10, 8pm @ Chevrolet Theatre - Wallingford, CT
4. October 12, 8pm @ Massey Theatre - Toronto, Ontario
5. October 14, 8pm @ The Taft Theatre - Cincinnati, OH
6. October 15, 8pm @ Fox Theatre - St. Louis, MO
7. October 17, 8pm @ Murat Theater - Indianapolis, IN
8. October 18, 8pm @ Chicago Theater - Chicago, IL
9. October 19, 8pm @ Fox Theatre - Detroit, MI
10. October 25, 8pm @ Paramount Theatre - Denver, CO
11. October 28-29, 8pm @ Paramount Theatre of the Arts -Oakland, CA
12. October 31, 8pm @ Pearl -Lax Vegas, NV
13. November 1, 8pm @ Shrine Auditorium - Los Angeles, CA
14. November 6-7, 8pm @ Verizon Wireless Theatre -Houston, TX
15. November 8, 8pm @ Majestic Theatre - Dallas, TX
16. November 10, 8pm @ BJCC Hall - Birmingham, AL
17. November 11, 8pm @ Orpheum Theater - Memphis, TN
18. November 12, 8pm @ Civic Center - Atlanta, GA
19. November 14, 8pm @ Coliseum Theatre - Greensboro, NC
20. November 15, 8pm @ Landmark Theatre - Richmond, VA
21. November 17-18, 8pm @ Constitution Hall - Washington, DC
22. November 21, 8pm @ Susquehanna Center - Philadephia, PA
23. November 23, 8pm @ United Palace Theatre - New York, NY