43102513fb652a9ed79424f83e409c0714ba16d4

just plain sara: NYCC Day 2 - Firestar is ready

Saturday, February 7, 2009

NYCC Day 2 - Firestar is ready



I'm all ready for today. I got about 45-55 minutes of sleep even though we home at a very reasonable 8:30 pm. I'm just too nervous about the potential people that I want to meet and interview.

Yesterday, I was happy to discover the theatrical contact lenses booth. I never wanted to order online because I had questions, not to mention the con prices are much better. I'm so glad I stopped by there and splurged on a treat for today's Firestar costume. I have fire contacts in. Sure, might not be comic book accurate but they look cool.

Because of the mask being the way, I actually have to use a strip of toupee tape under the front of the wig to keep it in place. I think more people will recognize me today and not confuse me for a manga or goth character. Although, now that I think about it, I guess since Rumor was created and designed by Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance, I guess she is rather goth.

See you there! Oh and it's supposed to be in the 40s today! Funny to think that's good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment