43102513fb652a9ed79424f83e409c0714ba16d4

just plain sara: Style Spotlight: Teyana Taylor

Friday, December 7, 2007

Style Spotlight: Teyana Taylor

Alas, my Sweet Sixteenth was far from fabulous. If my memory serves me right my parents paid the entry fee for all my friends and I at the local roller rink. Afterwards we skated merrily home. Teyana Taylor on the other hand threw a birthday party to end all birthday parties. The recently signed musician to Pharrell’s label Star Trak, made her grand entrance dressed as a life sized, black Barbie doll. The bubblegum pink Heatherette dress she wore summarized her style so perfectly – skater street but all the way sweet. She’s a strange hybrid between Aaliyah, Lupe Fiasco, and Debbie Harry. I chose to spotlight her before her album drops next year. I love how unique she is, especially in this increasingly homogenous music industry. I haven’t heard any of her music so I shall reserve judgment on that but based on her image I am 100% intrigued. Visit her MySpace page to learn more and listen to some tracks. Also check out this cover of Trace magazine that Teyana recently appeared on.

No comments:

Post a Comment