43102513fb652a9ed79424f83e409c0714ba16d4

just plain sara: Catwalk Copy

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Catwalk Copy

I know Kenneth Cole’s Spring 2006 runway show is "a few" seasons old but I’ve had my eye on his deep blue summer dress (which Brazilian model Emanuela de Paula wore) for quite some time now so you can imagine how happy I was when by chance I ran across Forever 21’s great look-a-like. Granted the sun ain’t shining anymore but I’ll let you in on a little secret, I do a lot of my summer shopping in the winter. Not only do you get end of season items for ridiculously reduced prices, you also find it easier to locate your size in off-season items simply because no one else is really checking for them. In the summer a goreous dress at a popoular store can sell out in one day. I suggest buying coats and jackets in summer and conversely dresses and open-toed heels in winter. Planning ahead never hurt anybody! If you prefer the traditional route and would rather wait until the actual season has arrived before buying the appropiate clothes, at the very least ask the store manager what days they receive their new stock so you can have first pick on everything.

Dress: From Kenneth Cole New York's Spring 2006 Ready-to-Wear runway show (above)

Copy: Gathered Bubble Hem Dress, $22.80, www.forever21.com (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment