43102513fb652a9ed79424f83e409c0714ba16d4

just plain sara: Oscar Fashion… Be Kind!

Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar Fashion… Be Kind!

Jennifer Hudson and Anika Noni Rose
Beyonce and Jada Pinkett-Smith
Keisha Whitaker and Queen Latifah
Penelope Cruz and Jennifer Lopez
Oprah and Mary J. Blige at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party
Tracey Edmonds and Shaun Robinson
Rashida & Quincy Jones and Will & Jaden Smith
Tanika Ray and Forest & Keisha Whitaker
Djimon Hounsou and Eddie Murphy

623 seamstresses beaten and whipped, 537 stylists cursed, 469 shoes re-dyed, 313 nails chiseled and 165 curling irons burnt-out and it was, for the most part, worth it. Many will debate the necessity of Ms. Hudson’s gold jacket but if nothing else, she’s been reading this blog (see below!) No one dress blew me away but I loved the way Oprah, Anika Noni Rose, Beyonce and Penelope Cruz looked.

Jada’s dress was disappointing. I’m not too sure what the bodice was all about. Keisha Whitaker's dress was ugly to me in the back with the roses but she still worked it and can someone explain to me who Shaun Robinson and Tanika Ray are?! Seriously, I see them all the time and I have no idea what they do.

Lasty, the men were sharp in their tuxes, bar Quincy. Wasn't Jaden so cute presenting an Oscar? I’m mad that Djimon didn’t win but at least he looked yummy. Don’t worry Djimon, you can always come cry on my shoulder!

No comments:

Post a Comment