43102513fb652a9ed79424f83e409c0714ba16d4

just plain sara: NY Comic Con

Monday, February 26, 2007

NY Comic Con


I had an amazing time at the NY Comic Con this weekend. I got to meet many heroes, ran into a few ghoulish creatures and cramped my feet in those high heeled boots. My feet still hurt. Heels are not good for full days of crimefighting or conventions.

On a serious note, the adorable little Nitro G seems to be without a costume! He donated his costume to the Museum for Cartoon and Comic Book Art and he asked me about making a new suit for him. I gave my email address and this blog url so we'll just have to wait and see if he contacts me.

Regarding my own suit that I slaved on... apparently I don't look like myself. I mean, I do. That's me in the picture there. But people kept thinking I was "someone" meaning a known character from Battlestar Galactica. Well, folks, this does not sit well with me since my outfit is 100% original in concept. I created it with City of Heroes character creation, sought out a pattern, a jacket and boots, and voila. That's my suit of myself just as I designed it. Now I'm thinking I need to change the whole thing up and go with my second costume which is black and leathery. I would add bright gold as accents and somehow bring earthy hues into it. I already have the pattern that would be perfect for costume two as it is in City of Heroes but I am also anxious to try making a multi-color bodysuit with the same pattern I used for this amber one.

This morning I also mailed out ARC's patch for his suit. Don't know ARC? For shame. Go to the boards and learn all about him. We're lucky enough to have started his fan club right along side of Feedback's over at kamikaze komics. ARC also has a myspace page. He's another great guy that truly loves being a hero. He'll be auditioning for Who Wants to be a Superhero? Season 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment