43102513fb652a9ed79424f83e409c0714ba16d4

just plain sara: I Like His Style!: Mario Testino

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I Like His Style!: Mario Testino

For my birthday I received Mario Testino’s book “Portraits.” It’s a concise collection of his celebrity photographs, many of which he exhibited all over Europe. The book is old (2002) and his exhibition is even older, but since I saw his pieces in person at the National Portrait Gallery in London, I’ve been pining for this book. If you’re a fan of photography that glamorizes celebrities, fashion, beauty and sex you’ll love this book. If, however, you prefer more gritty photography that strives for a deeper purpose then this isn’t for you! I’m not going to lie, I have stacks upon STACKS of glossy magazines that I’ve kept just for the pics, many are by Testino. Also do a google search for his infamous Princess of Diana shoot… Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment