43102513fb652a9ed79424f83e409c0714ba16d4

just plain sara: Bargain Hunting at its Best!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bargain Hunting at its Best!

I’ll be the first to admit that I hate outlet shopping. Sales at my favorite chain store are exciting. Vintage shopping exhilarating. But outlet shopping I just find exhausting and I rarely get rewarded for my efforts. This all changed Memorial weekend however as my mom dragged me into our local Marshalls. Typically, I avoid this particular store like the plague because the clothes are literally thrown anywhere and the checkout lines are RIDICULOUS! So you can imagine my glee when I found dresses by DKNY, Laundry by Shelli Segal/Design and London Times all priced at a quarter or less of their original prices. I spent close to $200 but I walked out of the store with 4 designer dresses! I have a new found respect for women who spend hours trawling through rails of disorganized clothing in the search for that one precious jewel (be warned that it can become addictive). I encourage all of you still in doubt to try and outlet store at least once. Need more encouragement? The dress pictured is still selling for $395 at Bloomingdales. I bought it for $60 this weekend. I am such a believer!

No comments:

Post a Comment