43102513fb652a9ed79424f83e409c0714ba16d4

just plain sara: Shops and the City…

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Shops and the City…

I’m in the middle of planning my annual trip to the U.K. and one of my must-have travel items is a book by author Caryn Franklin called “Fashion UK.” Though it was published nearly six years ago, I still find it a valuable resource when looking for unique boutiques and local designers wherever I am in the U.K. The book details all noteworthy boutiques in regions including the south/London, the northeast and northwest of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. It even features interviews from local and international designers on how they became successful. For my trip to Italy later this year I’m still on the hunt for a handy little shopping guide but I did discover two chic books about Paris and one on New York. I’ll be storing them for future shopping expeditions – one has to be prepared. I guess some were born to sightsee, others to shop!
Left to right: Chic Shopping Paris by Rebecca Perry Magniant; Paris Chic & Trendy: Designers' Studios, Hip Boutiques, Vintage Shops by Adrienne Ribes-Tiphaine; Shop New York: Downtownstyle by Meg Castaldo

No comments:

Post a Comment