43102513fb652a9ed79424f83e409c0714ba16d4

just plain sara: What do you favor more, Comic books or Manga/anime?

Saturday, February 26, 2011

What do you favor more, Comic books or Manga/anime?

American comics are for me even though all the animation is done overseas. I just don't like "most" of the manga styles I've seen. I prefer the European be-de over Japanese manga/anime. The ones I do like that are not typically "American" in style would be Disney's W.I.T.C.H. (Italian, I think), Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and Yu-Gi-Oh but I normally can't stand anything manga/anime. I also find the cosplay "kids" at cons tend to be off-the-chart obnoxious because they're ramped up on sugar and adrenaline and away from their parents. Maybe I'm just old but get me with a group of spandex clad Avengers for some whiskey drinking and I'm in a happy place. As for the comics, I stick with some traditional reading: IDW, DC, Marvel, Image, Dynamite and small press publishers. Since it's the industry I'm in, networking with people already experienced has introduced me to a huge world of indie comics; they're not usually superhero genre and are still American comics.

NOTE: Questions that are mass spammed to everyone, rude or have nothing to do with me get DELETED.

No comments:

Post a Comment